Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
cute little buggers,I really want a Frontosa tank,what do you feed them?do you feed your adults pellets only?what is the ideal numbers for a 180 gallon (72 x 24 x 24 )frontosa only set-up?sorry for all the questions as I,m still researching the proper way to go

·
Super Moderator
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The babies get NLS 1mm pellets. The adults get the 3mm version. I have mine in a 240G (96 x 24 x 24). I started with 50 fry. I got them at a good price buying so many, and have been successively selling them off over the years to thin the herd. I am now at 1m, 6f, and I don't see how the tank could support any more adults, but it is heavily decorated and also houses a variety of other Lake Tanganyika fish.

·
Registered
38 Posts
thank you for sharing mr. M

I thuroughly enjoyed your videos.

i'm looking at 10+ small small mpimbwes in a 75 soon. as they grow i will be culling down as well. i'm so excited about this.

my wife is happy for me. that's cool too. and i can finally 'transport away' those parrot fish that have outlived their neeto keeness to them.

again, thank you for sharing. You put your heart and mind into those fishes and it shows.

sincerely ~shmity =D>

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
looks like I,ll need a bigger tank,theres an article in the library about having multiple males and females together,would there be alot of aggression?I see that already in my mbuna tanks,looking for a large relaxing,peaceful set-up,and I love the look of peoples Frontosas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.