Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a group of young adult "Kipili" fronts last week, they are awesome! I am just wondering what schedules (and what foods) that people are using for feeding their Fronts and how the breeding is going on those schedules. My group consists of two males and four females, largest male is about 10", females are all around 6".

Thanks in advance

Ray

·
2,088 Posts
I use NLS cichlid pellets, and feed once per day.

·
Registered
66 Posts
your fronts are beautiful btw! My zaire mobas love nls, 6 days nls pellets and the seventh they get a mysis/ spirluna flake mix. I actually fill a shot glass with water and put the pellets in first so that way they just automatically sink and so they have no desire to feed from the top of the water.. ((bloat)) i wont take my chances. But to each their own :)

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks very much. I have had one spawn from them so far, she didn't hold for more than 24 hours, so, I am not sure what exactly went wrong with it. I have been feeding cut up market shrimp and alternating it with Xtreme pellets in between. They are getting fed 4-5 days a week, on the same schedule as my Rays (in a different tank lol) I have been told that less feedings means more breeding, I haven't decided if that is an avenue I want to explore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts