Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
Mine come out at feeding time and eat the pellet food that I give to the fish. Is there algae for them to feed on? It is possible for them to struggle when with cichlids if they're being so intimidated by them that they won't come out to feed. I'd say your best bet is to make sure there's enough light to grow algae. Then watch to see if they come out after lights out to feed on it. If they're chased off even after lights out and are never allowed out to feed in peace, then I'd say it's a concern. I had a tank like that where they struggled to survive. But, I have them in many of my tanks now and for the most part, they do fine. No way to say if it's always going to work or not. Sort of a case by case. Provide all the feeding opportunities that you can without overfeeding and watch and see. You could even grind up some food into a powder. They'll hoover that up, and it's not something that's real attractive to the fish. Or at least something that's easy for them to eat all of quickly.

Just some thoughts and hope it helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.