Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everything I seem to be able to find on Uaru says they are fast growing. But mine has only grown to about 5in. in about 10 months. He's active and seems to eat all right, but he only seems to grow about as fast as my Dempsey. Is this normal? Which leads me to question two. I've been feeding him a mix of romaine lettuce, spinach, Hikari Bio-Gold+ pellets, bits of shrimp, and the occasional mealworm. Is there something better I could be feeding him to give him a healthier diet? He's in a 180gal tank with a 50gal sump(30gal of water.) His tankmates are a pretty docile Oscar, a Dempsey, a female Convict, and five Silver Dollars. There are no signs of fighting between any of the fish. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump. Anyone?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the confirmation guys. I was starting to think I had the slowest growing Uaru around. It seems that this is fairly normal. I may try raising the temp a little, and I've been wanting to get rid of the Silver Dollars. Quite often when the Uaru goes up to take a pellet, one of the SD's will come and take it in one of their splash attacks. This will usually send the Uaru back down for a minute until he tries again. Perhaps a combo of temp and reduced stocking will help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts