Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,508 Posts
What are caps? The featherfins tend to be large and/or aggressive so think in terms of a 72" tank and give them the whole bottom.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Are you talking about copper C. Foai and orange cap O. ventralis?
Both need their own tank and they both need a 6 footer. Preferably a 180g+ for the Foai.

·
Registered
9,069 Posts
These are serious fish, so don't try to do too much or you may be disappointed. Need multiple females, and keep extra males at first. Better to do one species well, then do both poorly. Don't assume both alpha males will be easy to color up. Suppose you could keep both in a large tank but only be happy if one colors up. Need very good water quality.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I had some C. foai ten years ago. Bought ten from a fellow fish keeper at 3-4 inches in length. They were just starting to colour up. Fed them New Life Spectrum in a 180 gallon tank and two months later they were starting to breed. I kept them with cyps. I'd be careful about other tank mates. Aggressive amongst themselves but could get bullied by a lot of other fish. I'd say if you are not into frequent water changes, do not bother with them.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes noddy sorry just used short name.
They will be getting both there own 6 foot tanks in March. Finish fishroom by then.
Yea I often do 2 water changes a week with the 6 tanks got running as of now.
Thanks for the reply.
Guy I bought them from pretty much mention everything you guys said. Also mention. Be careful when feeding cause they are pigs and he lost 15 one time cause he put to many pellets and they got them stuck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts