Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some fast sinking pellet food for my mbuna. I feel that if I had food that sinks fast than this would allow my smaller fish to have a better chance of beefing up. Does anyone know of some good, reasonably priced, fast sinking pellet food :-?

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
I just stir mine in water for a second or two in a small cup. That way you can keep using the food you like. And I don't mean presoak, just stir for a second or two. Also try smaller pellets so there's no way the big boys can get it all before it gets down to the little guys.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Same, I have an extra API test tube I usually use, scoop some food with it, dip in the tank to half fill, shake, pour. If I have juvies I'll mix in some NLS Grow as well.
Also helps others to not over feed if I'm not around.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice, ill have to try this tomorrow. what types of food are you guys using this technique with?

·
Super Moderator
40,505 Posts
I just stir the surface once I add the pellets if I want them to sink right away. Dump, swish.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
DJRansome said:
I just stir the surface once I add the pellets if I want them to sink right away. Dump, swish.
I do that too with some tanks. Sort of feeds gradually as some will get down right away while some will float for a bit before eventually sinking. I use different methods and pellet sizes depending on the tank and inhabitants and if fry are present, and if fish are shy about coming up for the food, etc. I also use feeding tubes with several tanks. If someone came in to feed for me, it'd take a week to train them. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts