Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever gone fallow to eradicate any infections before? I have a 75g (48in x 18in x 21in)that has an outbreak of ich. Normally the tank is at 77.5 degrees. Ph 8.4 0 nh4 0 no2 10- 20 no3. Gh 9 and Kh 5 I do weekly water changes 30- 40 percent with prime. It is stocked currently with 12 peacock and haps all are about 3in currently.

I have a 55g that I recently acquired that I would like to use in the interim to house these guys while I leave the 75g fallow room starve out the ich. Unfortunately the 55g is not cycled. I have extra filters running that are seeded with bacteria but I'm afraid they might be housing the protozans.

Am I better off treating the 75 with heat and salt or should I try and move them over?
Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tomorrow will be day ten with temps at 85.6 and salt doses according to the article linked above. It seems to be getting worse. Now 3 new fish have spots and I am becoming concerned. Do I stay on course or switch it up?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.