Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever gone fallow to eradicate any infections before? I have a 75g (48in x 18in x 21in)that has an outbreak of ich. Normally the tank is at 77.5 degrees. Ph 8.4 0 nh4 0 no2 10- 20 no3. Gh 9 and Kh 5 I do weekly water changes 30- 40 percent with prime. It is stocked currently with 12 peacock and haps all are about 3in currently.

I have a 55g that I recently acquired that I would like to use in the interim to house these guys while I leave the 75g fallow room starve out the ich. Unfortunately the 55g is not cycled. I have extra filters running that are seeded with bacteria but I'm afraid they might be housing the protozans.

Am I better off treating the 75 with heat and salt or should I try and move them over?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,840 Posts
I would just treat with heat and salt in the existing tank and follow This article from the Library.

If you have scaleless fish or sensitive plants in this tank, post back for suggestions.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tomorrow will be day ten with temps at 85.6 and salt doses according to the article linked above. It seems to be getting worse. Now 3 new fish have spots and I am becoming concerned. Do I stay on course or switch it up?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts