Cichlid Fish Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 55g hex with 6 yellow labs and 3 burmese botia. The labs are extremely skittish, any move i make and they dart away to hide. Even when feeding I have to drop the food in then stand way back, its pretty annoying. The big male I have had for over a year and the other 5 (I believe all female) I have had for about 5 months. I figure they should be used to me by now. Any ideas on what I can do to solve this problem?

http://s780.photobucket.com/albums/yy88 ... 0aeed5.mp4
Here is an example, and I was moving very slow.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Wow that is skittish. I have 6 of them and they are right up to the glass when i come up to it. Do you possibly have kids or anything of the such that could be running up to the tank or tapping on it with anything? Maybe associating you with them??? Just a guess.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Not exactly a problem in itself, but I'd probably start hand feeding. Put your hand in the water with pellets, drop a few every few seconds, so it takes a minute or two for them all to drop. They'll get used to it eventually. Dropping food then leaving won't work, you need to associate yourself with food.
Couple of questions. Do they do this all the time? What about before first feeding of the day?
Does the tank vibrate at all when walking up to it?

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
Please provide any additional responses to this post in the Illness forum, thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.