Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I attached an inventory of all the fish I have in my newly set up 190 gallon tank. There are a total of 68 fish ranging from all different sizes and species. I just upgraded from a 90 gallon tank in January and I think that the tank is overstocked because the nitrate levels are constantly high. The fish seem to be doing fine because they are happily roaming around the tank but should I still remove some?

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
Should be OK so long as you do consistent water changes. I had a lot more fish in a similar size tank (though many juvies) and it ran fine for many years like that.

Might consider to put in some moss or floating plants and some light to let them soak up some nitrates though, or even better a sump full of plants and/or mattenfilter.

·
Super Moderator
40,491 Posts
I like between 12 and 20 fish in a 90G.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I think 68 fish is too many for a 190 but there are people who will say its OK. But like you are seeing, you are going to have to do frequent or large water changes. It might get tiresome depending upon how you do it. I would want around 50 fish in a 190, 55 tops.

·
Super Moderator
40,491 Posts
Sorry I misread the number of gallons. What are the dimensions of the 190G?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts