Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Eheim 200w heater just went out all of a sudden yesterday. I searched through my house and found that I didn't have an extra old one laying around, so I tried to get overnight shipping from Amazon but they didn't have one available until Friday. I thought local pet stores were closed but then realized Petco will do curbside pickup. The have the aqueon 200w available so I ordered that for curbside pickup this morning. I'd prefer the Eheim as the bad one was very good for years, so I'm thinking I'll just order it and keep the aqueon as a backup. The tank got down to 75 degrees before I used the heater from my little 10 gallon to switch back and forth. Does everyone keep a backup available?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I guess I'm a moron. After getting the new heater I started tinkering with the old one. There was nothing wrong with it! Apparently it got cold in the tank because the plug had somehow wiggled out and my attempts to mess with the temp control somehow got the temp set in the 60's, so of course the light wouldn't go on. I removed the new heater and put the Eheim back in and everything is fine. Now I have an extra emergency heater.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts