Cichlid Fish Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hmmm...Looking at that list I don't see any obvious culprits. When you mentioned shredded fins my first thought was someone got out of hand & laid down a little mayhem. Any chance a couple of those Severums decided to stake out a territory to breed?

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hmmm...Looking at that list I don't see any obvious culprits. When you mentioned shredded fins my first thought was someone got out of hand & laid down a little mayhem. Any chance a couple of those Severums decided to stake out a territory to breed?
Nah, they're not big enough for breeding. The Festivum would spat with the Uaru a little but nothing ever serious. IDK. I'm going to test the water then do another water change tonight just to be safe. I'm sure the test will be useless as my water is always the same.

·
Super Moderator
5,684 Posts
Wow! Just grabbing them creds 'Uaru King'?
Congrats on becoming a Cichlid Forum premium member! And swag? C'mon now, in addition to the nifty upgrade to your member avatar (visibly showing your undying devotion and loyalty to keeping this site running), you have access to a Premium Members Lounge/section of the forum!
Whew.... I know, it's enough to make your head spin, yo'. :oops:
But really, thanks for supporting Cichlid Forum so strongly. .

Reactions: karpomatic1

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
The first shipment arrived with no real issues. The buyer wanted me to send them flat rate and not marked live fish. I agreed as long as he would take responsibility if anything happened... no refunds. Luckily, everything went fine.

On another note, I've become really good friends with the new owners of the LFS that are buying my Uaru. So much so that I practically work there when I stop in. I've answered customer questions, & help receive orders if they happen to arrive when I'm there. They even gave me a shirt... then told me I'm not getting paid (not that I ever expected to) LOL!. I told them as long as they keep buying my fish we're good. On Tuesday evening, I was there and an older gentleman came in looking for tank mates for his small Oscars. I, of course, spoke highly of my Uaru to which he purchased two! He has since returned to the LFS and asked for a few more. So, on Sunday I delivered 10 more.

Otherwise, I've had a lot of inquiries but not much follow through. A guy up in New York State really wanted to buy some but his water ph is 8.4 out of the tap and the Uaru can't stand that level. He did not want to incur the cost to consistently lower it into the 6's which I understand. A few others have inquired then tell me they need to make room for them then I don't hear back.

Lastly, I picked up three 40 gallon breeders from a semi-local keeper that is moving. $1 a gallon is a good deal. I had to power wash and scrape them with a razor blade when I got home. He's got a 90 that I hope to pick up in a month. He said it's the last to be taken down before he moves. Assuming I acquire that 90, clean it up and put that in place of my 75 show tank. Then I'll have three 40s and a 75 to go on the rack I got from my brother-in-law. It's slowly coming together.

PS - I also offered to take in a monster Gibbceps Pleco that a local keeper need to rehome. Check out my Instagram for photos of him.

Rectangle Mesh Grass Wood Gas

21 - 35 of 35 Posts