Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time a do a water change,clean the algae of the glass,clean the sponges on the filters ,my tank gets cloudy ,,I wonder if its the tap water I put back in because this never use to happen often like that.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I have sand,but I think that's what it is also ,because when I put in algae be gone made by jungle it clears up in a couple of days,but its a trip tho ,because I never use to have that problem

·
Registered
464 Posts
Especially with sand this will happen.. It happens to me all the time especially because i disturb the sand to move it around a little bit and it shakes up a lot of the dust but by next morning mine is crystal clear.. I'm surprised yours is taking a few days.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cromak said:
Especially with sand this will happen.. It happens to me all the time especially because i disturb the sand to move it around a little bit and it shakes up a lot of the dust but by next morning mine is crystal clear.. I'm surprised yours is taking a few days.
yeah I know but it been doing that lately ,I just wonder,sometimes I makes don’t want to do a water change but I have to u know

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
What kind of sand do you have? PFS doesn't do this for me, but play sand does. Not as bad as you mentioned though.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rgr4475 said:
Are you using a water conditioner such as prime to get rid of chlorine? Do you clean your filters with tap water?
of course ,I use prime ,clean my filters once a mth etc etc.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RRasco said:
What kind of sand do you have? PFS doesn't do this for me, but play sand does. Not as bad as you mentioned though.
Play sand but its not as bad u think,its just that I notice my water don’t be just as clear like it was for about a week

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.