Votes: 0 0.0%
  • recovery

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My electric blue acara, killua, is incredibly ill, hes been acting weird for about 2 months. He's built weird compared to other acaras and hes more pale. Recently he took a turn for the worse so I put him in a 10gal to monitor him, his eyes are cloudy, red gills, EXTREMELY pale, wont eat, and barely moves. It seems obvious I should euthanize him from an outside standpoint but because I have no clove oil and the next best option is too gruesome for me to handle, I am trying to help him out. Yesterday I put salt and fungal medication in the 10gal and monitored him. He made it through the night and his breathing has become a lot more steady and consistent. I know hes suffering but I also see improvement, what should I do??

·
Registered
747 Posts
Sorry, but it's time to let him go. If you don't have clove oil, an old method that Paul Loiselle used to recommend is to put him in a small container and put it in the freezer. Apparently the fish will lose consciousness quickly as the temperature drops, and goes peacefully. Sorry, but it happens to us all.

·
Administrator
41,852 Posts
You can pick up clove oil in the aroma therapy section of your heath food/vitamin supplement store, it is readily available.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, but it's time to let him go. If you don't have clove oil, an old method that Paul Loiselle used to recommend is to put him in a small container and put it in the freezer. Apparently the fish will lose consciousness quickly as the temperature drops, and goes peacefully. Sorry, but it happens to us all.
okay :( im on a trip at the moment so when I come home ill check on him, my dad has been caring for him (he knows nothing abt fish so not really doing much) and he hasnt died yet. I will just get clove oil because *** heard the freezer method is actually quite painful

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can pick up clove oil in the aroma therapy section of your heath food/vitamin supplement store, it is readily available.
will do when I return home, I havent seen him in two days but if I see improvement ill help him keep fighting, dont know tho, ill post an update tomorrow

1 - 8 of 8 Posts