Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,523 Posts
You would get the gallons per hour rating from the specifications of the device. Are you running it with a separate air pump? What are the specifications of the pump? Is this sponge filter the only thing being run by the pump?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The device:
AquaTop Aquatic Supplies CAF-60 003453 Classic Aqua Flow Sponge Aquarium Filter, Upto 60 gal
did not see specs

Is the only hooked up to this air pump:
Tetra Whisper Easy to Use Air Pump for Aquariums (Non-UL)

·
Super Moderator
40,523 Posts
Which air pump? The Tetra Whisper air pumps come in different sizes.

·
Super Moderator
40,523 Posts
The pump moves 2.6 Liters of air Per Minute but I don't know how or if that translates into gallons per hour of water when evaluating a sponge filter.

For a canister or power filter, a certain number of gallons per hour is passed through the filter media and comes out the other side.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
60gal tank
I have:
MarineLand Magnum Polishing Internal Canister Filter, For aquariums Up To 97 Gallons, 10.5 IN (ML90770-00)
&
AquaTop Aquatic Supplies CAF-60 003453 Classic Aqua Flow Sponge Aquarium Filter, Upto 60 gal

Do I need more?

Also have:
1050 GPH Aquarium Circulation Pump Wave Maker Power Head with magnetic mount Suction
but don't know where/how to aim it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.