·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shot a few pics of the kilesa :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Those are so cool. I think my wife just gave me a look because she knows I am imagining a new tank in my mind.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys :D

Few more pics from today...

One of the girls

·
Registered
318 Posts
You seem to be having plenty of spawning behaviour there but have they actually spawned as yet??

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mr Mbuna said:
You seem to be having plenty of spawning behaviour there but have they actually spawned as yet??
Nothing yet :roll:

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mr Mbuna said:
No Kilesa spawns that is. Have had four callo spawns.

Stripped Group C an hour ago (28 callo fry)...

·
Registered
359 Posts
Nice fry! I, like many other people I am sure, have been marveling at the success you have achieved with mixing the kilesa and callochromis. Are your fish adults? I guess you can't know for sure if the mix will last forever, but do you expect it to? If so, any advice on keeping them harmonious would be great, since two species of sand-sifters in the same tank is awesome :drooling: .

·
Registered
318 Posts
I keep my Kilesas with C. furcifer and a pair of WC calvus. All ok so far but the furcifers d compete with the kilesas for food rather too vigorously, which is not great. Otherwise they seem to ignore each other.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bearded lab said:
Nice fry! I, like many other people I am sure, have been marveling at the success you have achieved with mixing the kilesa and callochromis. Are your fish adults? I guess you can't know for sure if the mix will last forever, but do you expect it to? If so, any advice on keeping them harmonious would be great, since two species of sand-sifters in the same tank is awesome :drooling: .
Not sure what I am doing that is working. My friend, who I got them from, had them together in the same tank; so, I have been blessed to continue his good fortunes. Lord willing, I do expect to keep them together long term.

Most of the callos are mature adults and the Kilesa, there is a mix of ages from mature, to middle, to very young. I kinda like the make up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts