Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Got my daughter, and my camera, back from school. The deal was,... I buy the fancy camera and she can use it for her photography class and she would teach me how to use it this summer break. I know how to use it in automatic mode :lol: I am pretty much clueless in manual but, I've got a good teacher now.

One of my smaller males has colored up, building his pit and is trying to impress the females (and the big male is allowing this). In any event, here are some photos with the DSLR. My daughter took the pics and I cropped them.

Hope you like :)

Enantiopus kilesa

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Flippercon said:
Very nice can't wait for more :popcorn:
Thanks guys, here's a few that I took. I turned the pic quality on the highest setting for these.

Enantiopus kilesa

Same image as the one above only cropped in on the face
I also add a depthof field affect via Paint Shop Pro

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
shellies215 said:
Nice Russ, I'm still convinced that fish is plugged in, I just don't see the wire coming out of it :lol:
:lol:

This is a fish created to show off it's color by reflection. With any light from a side angle, you will have no trouble seeing a displaying male's colors. Now, itensify that light by moving into the sandy shallows of Lake Tanganyika (in crystal clear water) under a very bright and direct African sun, and angle the body up to reflect those rays and and the female kilesa are helpless with that assult of colour. A flash on a camera is a poor substitute for the brilliant African sun.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One more - sorry :roll:

Keep getting pics I like - having fun :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts