Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Males have very nice color & females not so much. I had a male fully colored up although not the tank boss. I couldn't find females for him & because females (that I saw) were dull - I didn't keep mine(had him 1 year). Aggression wise, mine was typical Mbuna; but not highly aggressive.

·
Registered
261 Posts
*** had mine for about a yr and a half and he is the tank boss and has been since the first day he was in the tank.He is not overly aggresive by any means but nobody messes with him.He always displays full color and is very active,great fish to have imop.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The Chewere is my fav fish! Beautiful colors and good temp. They are not overly aggressive but will be a top dog if not the top dog in your tank. I had a f1 pair back in the day i was maybe 15 or so. Now more than a decade removed from the hobby it was the drive to once again own a chewere that sparked my passion to get into the mbuna scene once again haha. I will forever own chewere's lol.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I have a group of 2m and 5f. Both males are colored up and definitely not the dominant fish in my tank. They finally just spawned last week but it looks like the female swallowed or spit the eggs. Hope they try again soon.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
My male the most stunning fish in my tank, guards his "lair" aggressively but doesn't really harass anyone.

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
females can actually fire up pretty nicely, similar color to the males when they want to to, but its very rare, mine tend to keep their stripes for the most part though

at least half of my females are always holding, male looks amazing, they are on the aggressive side

1 - 11 of 11 Posts