Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright well a week ago I noticed my EBJDs eye was ripped open at the back of the clear part and had blood in it but he still had his little black pupil in the middle. I treated with melafix and now the black part of his eye is still there but instead of the clear part around his eye looking like a bubble it is very flat with just the little black dot in the middle and no more blood. He has been hiding in his cave for the most part since it happened so I cant tell if he can see from it right now. do you think he will still be able to see? Also will the clear portion of his eye return to its normal bubble size or does it tend to remain flat after its been ripped open??

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
352 Posts
Well, it's hard to say. But I have a Polleni that had injured his eye when he was younger. The clear part was split right open (although I didn't see any blood). I immediately moved him to a hospital tank and treated with Furan2. His eye healed up completely and you can't even tell he had injured it. He was in the hospital tank for I guess about 3 weeks. Is your EBJD alone in the tank? Extra water changes also wouldn't hurt. Good luck with him and I hope he heals ok.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you remember if the clear part came back sorta flat and then bubbled back out to its normal appearance? Its weird because I can still see the pupil in there but theres no bubble the clear parts flat. I had to put him back into the tank with the other fish yesterday but none of the fish hassle each other in the tank and hes been spending his time by himself in his cave mainly.

·
Registered
352 Posts
You know, I do seem to remember his injured eye being a bit "flatter" than the other one for a little while. So, I think your guy is on the mend and hopefully will be back to normal soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts