Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am about to finally setup and install my new Eheim Pro 4+250 canister filter to go along with my 2 AC 110's and was wondering what media is best to put in it? I want to use some lava rock i have as i have heard its great media to use. The media in my 2 AC 110's is as follow, bottom to top, Original Sponge, filter floss, and a combination of ceramic rings and matrix.

Thought on what media to put in the Eheim and in what order? I really want to use the lava Rock and apparently the substrat pro it comes with is pretty good, i am not sure about the plastic media chem included, and should I do anything different on the AC 110's? I have about 20 cichlids in my 90g tank, african cichlids ranging between 2-4 inches

Here is a picture of how it looks like inside using the included media, what should i swap and in what order?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,840 Posts
If the filter came with media, I would just set it up the way the instructions recommend as I don't see any reason to change it.

·
Registered
449 Posts
The Eheim Substrat Pro is far superior to lava rock; set it up the way the instructions suggest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts