Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a used eheim pro 2026 yesterday from the guy I bought my 90 gallon from... Got it set up (running the mechanical media for now - no filter pads yet, they're on the way this week) and running. It made this awful sound like there is air in the system or something, doesn't really sound like an impeller grind. It went away for a while, but now it happens every 10 minutes or so.

It does NOT affect the flow rate, and starts and stops on a dime. What should I do?

Oh and since this is my first canister, could you all tell me the proper procedure for opening this up to do maintenance without creating a small puddle again? :oops:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Sounds like air. Tilt the can to one side then the other.

There is a shut off/ restrictor valve on the hose disconnect. If you need to remove the quick disconnect for any reason there is a little red button like tab that you depress that allows the shutoff valve to open completely.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just tilted it, heard the air release, a little noise came back, then went away... hopefully it won't ever come back muahahaha

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
You are going to love that Eheim.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do already - just got my spray bar up and running and not a peep from the filter since I got rid of the air inside the system

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.