Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currenty I have a Fluval 405 and just got this Cascade 1000 filter, but after only a week of service the Cascade has gotten quite loud and I am planning on returning it sometime this week and replacing it with an Eheim and just being done with it. So as of now I have a 55 gal tank and am planning on upgrading to at least a 75 if not a 90 in the next year or so. With that said I plan continuing to run the Fluval 405 and either adding the PRO 3 G90 or the G160. The G160 is only like $14 more so was thinking of just getting that but was wondering if it would be too much or simply a waste. Thanks for any opinions as Im not one for making these kinds of decisions if I have had no prior experience with that particular product.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I would definately go with the larger one especially if you are upgrading to a bigger tank. Eheim makes good products but have you considered a Fluval FX5? For around the same money you can get 960 gph compared to 330 gph in Eheim. Your 405 and FX5 would be great for a 90g and you could ditch the cascade and spend the money on fish. :D

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I think you could keep your 405 and add an aquaclear 110 ,that would be more then enough filtration and you could save alot of money,also you could put the 110 on your current setup and move both over in the tank upgrade

·
Registered
242 Posts
To answer your question, for $14 difference, your best bet would be the 160 - no question about it. You will have a top notch filter with great performance and long lasting durability beyond the FX and the AC. With the prefilter system, etc on the pro 3 series you really have a great setup - good choice.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well we got about 10inches of snow here lastnight so after finishing all the shoveling I feel that is time to go and reward myself with an Ehiem!! Im off the to lfs and drool for a bit and make the big decision. So far an strongly leaning towards the g160 since it is hardly anymore money and will give the flexibility of upgrading to an even larger tank when the time comes.
:dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I went and picked up the 2075 or G160 model!! Woot not gonna be able to get at taking the Cascade down and setting up the new one until later tonight. So Im hoping by ten tonight I should have it setup and running.

Now I am gonna have the Fluval 405 and the Eheim 2075 on this tank, any suggestions on where to place the intakes and spraybar / outlets of both of them for best water flow? Also have a Maxi-Jet 1200 and one of the Power Sweep ones (but only like 190gph) I can toss in there is ya think it is need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts