Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have a question regarding the Eheim Jager. My question is can you submerge the whole heater horizontally? The description says fully submersible but it also says that it should be in a vertical position. I'm building a sump this week and wondering if I could attach it to the bottom or have it at an angle.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Any heater that is fully submersible can be used horizontally, but with some brands, the temperature control is not as accurate when used this way, so make sure you use a thermometer, and adjust heater if necessary.

I read this in the instruction book that came with a heater, I don't remember which brand, I've had a lot of them.

·
Super Moderator
1,838 Posts
In the safety instructions section of the manual I got with my heaters it states:

Risk of overheating: Water level must never be below minimum mark on the housing.
Max. immersion depth 0.5 m {or 19.68 inches}.

On another forum, someone posted an email response from Eheim that stated the maximum immersion depth was determined through testing of the seal design used & while it could be mounted deeper, the potential for premature seal failure was possible.

In other words, the heater will perform properly and not ingest water when the max. immersion depth is followed.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
You can lay them down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts