Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's time to take out the carbon that came with my Marineland C360. I wanted to replace the carbon bucket with some more ceramic rings like what came with the filter. My LFS did not have the Marineland ceramic rings, so I bought some EHFI MECH. It pretty much looks the same, but the rings are smaller. For some reason, Eheim considers this a mechanical filtration. Does anyone have any experience with this stuff? It certainly doesn't seem like mechanical media to me. It's filter maintenance day and I think I'm going to throw some in. Thanks! :D

·
Super Moderator
1,843 Posts
The Ehfimech is a mechanical media. The swirling water traps the large debris amongst the ceramic cylinders. This is considered a coarse media so it should be located close to the inlet side of your canister.

Where ever your filter manufacturer recommends the coarse filter media, this is where this product should go.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i use the mech in my 2026 seems to almost double as mech and small amounts of bio... surface seems a little smooth for large colonies but i like it alot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts