Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I know this is a cichlid forum but seem to get good responses from here. Bought the above pump for my daughters 100l tropical tank.

Its all been set up but it's not whisper quiet as I have read they are. Reminds me of an old whisper 2000 air pump going.

It's sat flat on wood floor, no vibration from tubes, believe I've displaced air. It's just a hum..... fat from silent.

Rubber feet on, not sure if that is a normal sound and I need to manage my expectations or not

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
How did you prime the filter?

Sometimes just unplugging the filter from power source and waiting a few minutes allows trapped air to rise to the top of the filter and get expelled when you plug the filter back in.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Deeda,

It has a self priming of sorts where the handle acts to draw water in and then push air out.

I haven't left it a few minutes unplugged so may try that. I've left it overnight and it sounds a little quieter so maybe it's settling a bit. Would you isolate taps when unplugging too?

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
You would leave the taps open just for the purpose of allowing the air to rise up into the output hose.

You only need to isolate the taps when servicing the filter or disconnecting them from the filter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.