Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked one of these up off of Ebay for about $60. I want to test it out before leaving feedback but dont have any of the Eheim media...yet.

Do you think it would be okay to set up and run w/out media (basically just water)??

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply!! I've been wanting one of these filters for a while, just didnt want to fork out the $$$ for it. Saw this one up for bid and watched it like a hawk. Snagged it up and I and really stoked to get it up and running. I know they're mainly used for bio filtration not so much for mechanical. This is what I got it for though, wanted to do wet dry, just didnt want to deal with all the other stuff that comes with a traditional wet dry, overflow, pump, hoses, etc. With this I getr everything in one box, probably fo chaeper than I could build a DIY sump for.

My first Eheim, I've always used Fluvals. From what I've read though I dont plan on being upset with the Eheim quality. I still love my FLuvals though, never done me wrong (knock on wood).

·
Registered
191 Posts
i got a 2217 but i lent it to a friend to help seed his tank dont know what he did but its leaking now. :x gonna c what i can do. Anyways like i said if it works it should be a good buy :thumb:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Test went without a hitch. Primed up and starting flowing like a champ. :thumb:

Cant wait till its up and in full use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts