Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought one yesterday for my new 125, already notice a difference, great filter, so glad I finally bought one

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not really intended as a review, just a celebration, but I do intend to review it after i've had it running for a while

·
Registered
159 Posts
:thumb: Congrats--I get the excitement, and also the wait-and-see approach before writing a review. I think in the back of my mind I ought to have owned mine for a year (and probably serviced all the o-rings, etc.) before evaluating the product. But the "initial satisfaction" I've had with my Eheims has been off the charts.

Hope you and your fish keep celebrating ! :dancing: :fish: :dancing:

·
Banned
406 Posts
I agree, great filter. Gets particles out of the water quick and is SUPER quiet!

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and now that they are so close to price with the xp3's, i think it's a no brainer as to which filter I will suggest from now on, but my mind could change come maintenance time, the only thing i'm worried about is cleaning this thing without the menefit of baskets

·
Banned
406 Posts
cjacob316 said:
and now that they are so close to price with the xp3's, i think it's a no brainer as to which filter I will suggest from now on, but my mind could change come maintenance time, the only thing i'm worried about is cleaning this thing without the menefit of baskets
Its not hard. Just make sure your biomedia is in a media bag. People make it seem harder than what it is.

When I bought my FX5 I was worried because everyone made it sound like such a chore to lug the heavy canister around or to drain it etc. Its not problem at all, *** had to drain the canister several times to change my media choice and once I only drained a little out just so I can take off the lid and I moved the canister practically filled to the top and it wasnt as heavy as people make it out to be.

Dont worry the 2217 isnt hard to clean out. :wink:

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah I need to buy a media bag before my first clean, i forgot to when i bought it, but i wanted to hurry up and set it up

·
Banned
406 Posts
Im using fosters & smith media bag (12" x 15"). You can find one on eBay for the same price as fosters & smith ($5.99) but shipping is $2.79 on eBay compared to $8.99 on fosters & smith. But if you need some other supplies then f&s would be a good route to go. :D

·
Registered
252 Posts
I love mine, I put all the media in loose this gets everything completely to the edge with no bypass. It's not that hard to scoop out. Each time they have been cleaned it was totally unneccessary. Great filter, works well, easy to clean and quiet. Work great for me.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Question: Is the media included with the 2217 filter enough to fill it? Is there anything you'd buy extra when ordering one? i.e. spare blue pads, additional bio media, etc.

·
Banned
406 Posts
Yes, everything is included....

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i actually used all the substrat from my ecco, and some new stuff that came with the 2217, and used a good handfull of quilt batting as well

·
Registered
464 Posts
I'm finally getting away from my HOBs... It was between the 2217 and 2075 pro3.. Ebay had the 2217 brand new for 139 free shipping and the 2075 pro3 for $239 free shipping.. I figured the 2075 wasn't worth the extra $100 bucks after reading all the reviews about.. I hope it gets here for this weekend..

Looking forward to having silent operation and getting the good bacteria formed on this filter before setting up my new tank.. i will be using it on my current 55g.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts