Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
I didn't have that part in either of my 2217s that I bought, I would imagine the tubing fits in it? I would use it to bed the tubing to a 90 degree before the spray bar.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
DutchAJ said:
I didn't have that part in either of my 2217s that I bought, I would imagine the tubing fits in it? I would use it to bed the tubing to a 90 degree before the spray bar.
That's exactly what it is.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah - lets you go over the top of the tank without adding pressure which would eventually make the tube come loose. I learned about these the very hard way after siphoning 20 gallons of water on the floor. That's also when I learned about drilling siphon break holes in the intake. That's also when I learned to use hose clamps on everything.

·
2,088 Posts
Bevo52 said:
Yeah - lets you go over the top of the tank without adding pressure which would eventually make the tube come loose. I learned about these the very hard way after siphoning 20 gallons of water on the floor. That's also when I learned about drilling siphon break holes in the intake. That's also when I learned to use hose clamps on everything.
That is a lot of acquired wisdom/experience in a single incident!!! :D :D :D

You must be an overachiever. :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts