Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,

I purchased an Eheim 2217 this weekend and as you guys may know the intake tube and spray bar is a brutal green color which is seriously clashing with with my black background. They are now the focal point of my 125.... and it's killing me. Does anyone know if there is a safe black spray paint I can use so I can get back to watching my fish?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Well I actually like the green if I'm honest, fits in lovely with a planted tank :thumb:

But, I have a black background and no intake/outlet pipes for my new set-up so have just purchased the installation kit which comes with tinted grey tubes if that would be better?

Expensive though at £28 for the set :eek:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It actually matches my sword plants nicely haha, I just love the slick all-black look. Cheers!

·
Registered
929 Posts
Agreed. The green is an eye sore, but the filters are great performers. I’ve never painted any of my plumbing, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work so long as you use something that’s aquarium safe once it dries. I think I’ve seen Krylon Fusion mentioned for this purpose – I’d double and triple check that though.

If you don’t want to go the paint route, there’s nothing stopping you from making or buying an intake/return that doesn’t stand out as much. The Eheim installation kits are a less offensive color and hooking them up is simple.

http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=9606

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great thx folks! :)

·
Banned
406 Posts
Someone just brought this up last week lol. Yes paint it with krylon or buy Eheims universal install kit (intake and spraybar). It's a smoke clear color and both are adjustable.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I brought this up last week lol, I actually ordered them but am now not sure i ordered the proper things.

I got the 12/16 for the Intake and the 16/22 for the spray bar, is that correct?

1/2 " and 5/8 " ?

·
Banned
406 Posts
Cromak said:
I brought this up last week lol, I actually ordered them but am now not sure i ordered the proper things.

I got the 12/16 for the Intake and the 16/22 for the spray bar, is that correct?

1/2 " and 5/8 " ?
Intake is 5/8"
spraybar is 1/2"

·
Registered
464 Posts
**** so I have it backwards? :(

·
Banned
406 Posts
The intake is larger than the spraybar. Will they let you return it??

·
Registered
464 Posts
It hasn't shipped yet, so I just sent them an email.. Probably will cancel it.. so I should be ok

·
Banned
406 Posts
Glad to hear it!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Cromak said:

1/2 " and 5/8 " ?
You got it backwards. If you look at the hoses you have, I believe it has a size or a part number, so when you purchase just make sure the part number matches.

·
Banned
406 Posts
jason_nj said:
Cromak said:

1/2 " and 5/8 " ?
You got it backwards. If you look at the hoses you have, I believe it has a size or a part number, so when you purchase just make sure the part number matches.
He knows....dont rub it in. :lol:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey folks,

just wanted to add that I used the krylon fusion paint, pieces have been back in the tank for about a week and it looks great !!

Thx again!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Any intake tubes I want to blend in with my background - I use something real simple - shower curtain rod cover. Any bathroom store carries it in several colors of blue, black, grey. Cut to length and fit it around the intake. Works for me and costs next to nothing. For those who haven't used it, it is a 3/4 - 1" diameter plastic tube sheath, slit down the middle for easy slip on/off onto a curtain rod.

·
Registered
406 Posts
60gallon said:
jason_nj said:
Cromak said:

1/2 " and 5/8 " ?
He knows....dont rub it in. :lol:
Sorry. just trying to be helpful. :oops:

·
Registered
421 Posts
areuben said:
Any intake tubes I want to blend in with my background - I use something real simple - shower curtain rod cover. Any bathroom store carries it in several colors of blue, black, grey. Cut to length and fit it around the intake. Works for me and costs next to nothing. For those who haven't used it, it is a 3/4 - 1" diameter plastic tube sheath, slit down the middle for easy slip on/off onto a curtain rod.
Great idea! Going to try this since I cant take off my filter for a week for paint to dry. :thumb:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
24 hr dry time worked for me. :) Good idea though!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts