Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just received my eheim 2217 and so far I am happy about it but I have 2 questions:

1- Am I missing a part? I found this pic online:

I dont have the hose sleeve (circled in red), but i have the crooked rigid part (circled in blue).
My friend bought a 2217 about 2 years ago and he doesnt have the blue part but he has the red?? So am I missing a part or did they just stop including the hose sleeve??

2- How far from the canister should i cut the ose to fit the stopping valve? I am reading various thing, some say halfway through, some say close to the canister? How will this affect maintenance?

Thx!

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Ah, Eheim "instructions." This is my only complaint with these filters - if you haven't set one up before there is a LOT of guesswork, and the instructions are of very little help.

For what it's worth, my 2213 came with the piece circled in red and not the piece circled in blue. I believe the 'red' piece is for stopping kinks when the tubing goes around a corner, but since I only had the instructions, I never did figure it out - mine's in a drawer somewhere. The blue part might be for attaching the spray bar?

As for cutting the hosing, I put my stopping valves close to the canister itself - maybe 3" of tubing away? I don't know if it makes a difference.

I've run mine problem-free for almost two years this way.

kevin

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx for the quick reply Kevin

The "blue" part is indeed the output hose wich can optionally be connected to the spray bar using a piece of tubing wich I guess you cut from the main hose. It must be meant to replace the sleeve that came with your 2213 and my friend's 2 years old 2217. Right now I am not using the spraybar at all but i might try it.

I put my stopping valves about 9 inch away from the canister but i think i will either get them closer or further away because right now the return hose seem prone to kinking :roll:

I had no problem with priming whatsoever tho! and it is very silent!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Glad to see my parts picture of use to others... lol.

I took that picture when I got a used Eheim 2215 and didn't know what was what. Like you, I thought the instructions left a lot to be desired, but I worked around it. My filter came with many an extra part.

You're correct about the blue-circled part being the output. I use it as is - with no spraybar. I don't use the hose-sleeve, or whatever the heck it is.

I also replaced the ugly green hose with new vinyl tubing and spray painted everything that goes inside the tank black with Krylon Fusion.

It's working great for me.... absolutely silent. Just the way I like it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts