Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do i have to use the carbon pad with my 2213-37 Eheim Classic Canister Series

Here is what came in my package Eheim Classic External Filter 2213-37 with Bio Media and Double Taps:
•Includes 1 Carbon Filter Pad, 1 Fine Filter Pad, 1 Coarse Filter Pad, EHFIMECH & EHFISUBSTRAT
:fish:

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I would use the carbon pad until dirty and then ditch it or save it in reserve for a time when you want to remove medicine or color. Normal use, I don't need the carbon and find they clog quickly so that they need changing in a couple weeks. Bottom line for me- no carbon pad.

I put mine in - plate with legs down, barrels, rocks, course pad, fine pad, plate with legs up, from bottom to top.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have the emeim pro 3e 2078 for 85 gallon andi i use the EHFISUBSTRAT Pro in it and not the carbon
PfunMo said:
I would use the carbon pad until dirty and then ditch it or save it in reserve for a time when you want to remove medicine or color. Normal use, I don't need the carbon and find they clog quickly so that they need changing in a couple weeks. Bottom line for me- no carbon pad.

I put mine in - plate with legs down, barrels, rocks, course pad, fine pad, plate with legs up, from bottom to top.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts