Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
After a mess of sending back the fx5 cause it wouldnt fit and then getting the 2080 only to ind out its not the "electronic" finially i got my hands on the pro 3e 2078. I just put mine together last night. I had so much debis is the tank and within a couple hours it was crystal clear. And as for noise. I keep looking at it and putting my hand on it to make sure its running. I cant belive how quiet it is. It is sooo **** queit it makes my air bubbler pump sound like a nusiance. The pump is actually quiter than my computer. I leave the the spray bar just under the water line. it seems to be doing fine. the 2080 had a littlle bit differnt spray bar. but to be honest the set up of the 3e 2078 seems to be better. the filters are more heavy duty. I like that it has a 4th basket instead of just 3 yes they are smaller but i set mine up with the media in the bottom and then substart in the next two and will leave the 4th to put whatever i think the tank might need. everyone was saying how its mostly a bio filter and not a mechanical but after all the stuff it cleared up in a mannor of minutes its gunna be great. I thought i was going to have t second filter to clear up the water but this filter is awesome.

·
Registered
188 Posts
yuh, the two inlits are awesome. i wish they made the 2080 in 3e model. its def a BA filter. even the smaller 2078 is overkill in my 85 gal tank. i bet the next series they come out is gunna awesome.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts