Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought an egg tumbler for my cichlids that just spawned about a week ago. I have stripped her and put all the eggs into the tumbler because she was getting beat up in my 125 and didn't have another place to put her. My question is what does white fungus look like? How do I prevent it? Should I keep a regular light cycle too? Any information would be much appreciated! I'm going to post a picture of the eggs in the tumbler. I would like to know if any of them have white fungus on them already. Some of the eggs float, any reason as to why that is? Are they duds? Should they be removed?

Thanks,

Dabaum

Attachments

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Once they go white like that they are bad and should be removed or will infect the others.
They can go bad because of improper aeration or they are not fertile. If it is the latter there is nothing you can do about it.
I put my tumbler in a tank with fish so I do not have to worry about a cycled tank for the eggs. It is already cycled!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
punman said:
Once they go white like that they are bad and should be removed or will infect the others.
They can go bad because of improper aeration or they are not fertile. If it is the latter there is nothing you can do about it.
I put my tumbler in a tank with fish so I do not have to worry about a cycled tank for the eggs. It is already cycled!
Thank you for the reply! I removed all of the white or floating eggs and I'm left with 38 good healthy looking eggs! I can see the heads and tails coming in! I'm super excited to see what they turn out to be. I'm excited to see how they turn out. The pair that bred was a Hongi and a Red Zebra!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts