Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Borrowed my buddies camera and snapped a few pics. These two have spawned twice for me and are housed with just dithers and them.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Cool pics of your fish. Do you have any fry? :)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At the moment no but they spawn like clockwork I should have more freeswimming fry by the 21st if all stays the same. The last two batches didn't make it due to massive work and not being able to care for fry as they are needed.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That was the bgjdxbgjd pair. I have gave them away to a coworker fry and all. I have too many jds and needed tank space. Thanks for the compliments everyone.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Hi Flippercon,

Great looking pair you have. I like the EBJD's black markings on his face and even/stron looking tail fin.

How big is he?

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mlancaster said:
Hi Flippercon,

Great looking pair you have. I like the EBJD's black markings on his face and even/stron looking tail fin.

How big is he?

Thanks,
Matt
Thanks! I have not measure him since I have had him. I did manage to get a pic of him in my and when I moved the tank on Monday. Here is the pic. Notice tattoo in photo.

So I measured my hand tonight . Same hand (tattoo) for proof its same hand .

By the pictures I would say 6.5-7".

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
:thumb: Awesome looking fish! Really like the tank layout as well. Nice and clean looking.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for the compliments. :) Hopefully I can get some more time to dedicate to the fry.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well they layed eggs again yesterday. I hope work slows down so I can actually dedicate some time.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I use Columbia tetras. I started with 8 and that was three months ago since being paired. Three spawns later I have 3. Pretty good odds for how cheap they were.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a jd by himself (I believe it's a male) in a 55 and I was planning on getting a female to go with him but I wasn't sure what else I could put in there. I've heard giant danios and tiger barbs would be good as well.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Great Looking EBJD!!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
amanda darlene said:
I have a jd by himself (I believe it's a male) in a 55 and I was planning on getting a female to go with him but I wasn't sure what else I could put in there. I've heard giant danios and tiger barbs would be good as well.
I have used tiger barbs but they tend to get picked off a lot faster. I have used pearl danios but never giant danios. I'm not a big danio fan.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah dithers are basically something that I plan on losing. So if they are schooling fish I would go with at least 3 of each. If you can get bigger bodied of each that would be better.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts