Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this morning i woke up and noticed that a pair of my rams had spawned and I really was not anticipating any spawning due to the size and age but I guess I was wrong. The tank I currently have them in has a total of 10 rams and 5 angels. Now my question is should i leave them be , move all the non spawning fish or move the parents and there eggs. I have a 10 gallon set up for my eb jack dempsey fry that i could use or a 20g that is not being used.

The other question is what are the time periods from egg laid to when there wigglers to when they are free swimming.

thanks for any advice

·
Registered
705 Posts
id leave it be. thats just me. most of the sa/ca parents will care for the brood for the most part. you will have to feed em and maybe when they go freeswimming pull em and pop em in another tank setup just like the parents setup. just my two cents

·
Registered
99 Posts
Anthraxx8500 said:
id leave it be. thats just me. most of the sa/ca parents will care for the brood for the most part. you will have to feed em and maybe when they go freeswimming pull em and pop em in another tank setup just like the parents setup. just my two cents
I agree with this. Personally when they are wrigglers/ free swimming I would syphon most of them out and raise in another tank. Eggs should hatch in 2-3 days

1 - 3 of 3 Posts