Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fed my fish this morning and noticed one of my bigger Snow White socolofi had one of his eyes ripped/eaten off last night but he ate this morning as well. Now I'm just wondering if he will make it? Should I quarantine him and treat him for bacterial? And has anyone had this problem before? Kinda blew me away when I seen flesh hanging out of his eye.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
40,520 Posts
Losing an eye is fairly common. The fish have mixed results, some adapt and some cannot compete and eventually die. I've never had anything hanging.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just wanna bring this thread back up because the fish that was attacked and has pop eye is still kicking and eating but the eye looks absolutely gross now and is tough to actually look at. The "eye" or whatever it is now just keeps growing and is now protruding out about a good 1/4". Just wondering if his "eye" will eventually fall out or will it just keep on growing?

Attachments

·
Registered
641 Posts
I would euthanize the poor fish for a number of different reasons.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's the point I'm at...tough to look at and it can't feel the best for him, he twitches every now and again which I don't blame him

·
Registered
641 Posts
And what if the eye gets picked on by other fish some more? No good reason to let him keep suffering.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.