Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Created a slide out for my filter, but the door hinges are in the way.

Any thoughts on easily hanging the door or some way to put the door up and then take it down easy without screws?

I want to use the original door that I had on it.

Posted a photo of the pull out

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
What about magnets? I have used the cupboard door magnet latches on things like this. Obviously depends on how heavy the door is... I have a fake back wall in a cupboard in the kitchen held up by four magnets to keep the extractor motor from being seen.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welder said:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/White-Mag-Catches-Cupboard-Door-Magnetic-Catches-Strong-Mag-Catch-Mini-Heavy/173772769220?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item2875aa07c4:m:m5fsP3vhly3T83vX8wfYK5w
Figured I should post what I mean
I actually bought "Rare Earth Magnets" glued them and it wouldn't hold.. doors are no light weight.

I don't think those magnets will hold it.

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
You might try cabinet roller catches or friction catches though lining them up correctly will take some good measuring skills. You can also search for cabinet offset hinges or swing away types that will allow full door swing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
mdaniel1984 said:
I actually bought "Rare Earth Magnets" glued them and it wouldn't hold.. doors are no light weight.

I don't think those magnets will hold it.
To use a film quote "were gonna need a bigger boat" door is obviously heavier than I thought.
Other persons suggestion is good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.