Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps a really stupid question but if you dont ask you wont know so....Is it possible to dye the water without effecting the fish?

·
Registered
7,422 Posts
short term, yes. Long term- I do not know.
Why are you looking to dye the water?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would think it will dye everything in the tank as well.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
There are some medications that will dye the water (one of the ich medications in particular). It also can permanently stain the silicone which lines the corners of the tank. Just wanted to warn you that if you dye the water, the silicone could pick up that dye too and it may be hard to reverse.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys, love the light sleeve thing it looks wicked, just checking they ship to the uk. not sure whether it wil fit my light either but i will definately look into it.

G

·
its a 4 ft 48 inchs.. hmmm u got the metric system im not sure what that is in cm... its basically for a 55 gallon or a 75 gallon tank... hmm u dont have gallons either lol...

G

·
just went to change my bulb and i had to destroy that stupid blue tube cuz i put the bulb in wrong and it wouldnt come back out so i jus had to order two more so if i have to destroy another one i wont have to wait.. lol as you can tell im not a patient person

1 - 10 of 10 Posts