Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, confession....
I've always wanted to keep and raise Dwarf Pike Cichlids. I mean, c'mon. Look at how awesome this 4" long adult male Crenicichla regani looks!

Wow! :eek:
And while the females are a little smaller, they look pretty amazing also. These things are beautiful!
-
I've read that this little Dwarf Pike species at least, is called the 'Gentle Pike'. And can be kept with members of it's kind and other fish (too large to eat) in some pretty small community tanks. And really, any 2.5 to 3 foot long tank is pretty small, in the 'usual', rough & tumble world of New World Cichlids! And best of all, these little guys are supposedly not all that fussy about their water. Treated Tap Water will supposedly do the trick.
So, has anybody kept this species before? Successfully spawned and raised out any fry?
Share out what you know! How did you keep yours? Did you keep them (happily) with other Cichlid species? And, do you recommend these Dwarf Pike Cichlids for keeping in smaller, community tanks?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I looked up some actual pics of them, and they look pretty awesome!

Interested to hear/see how this one goes.

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Grrrrr.... the 'Cichlid Room Companion' is not being very 'companionable', it seems....
Okay then, let's try ol' Pinterest for this thing.

Yep.

MUCH Better. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts