Cichlid Fish Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Call The Wet Spot in Portland on the phone.... Like an actual call... I have found them there in person multiple times when they weren't listed on the website. I believe this is because they have an employee who breeds them. They ship.

Thoughts on getting the fish you want also - I went through the same thing with Cobue. When I wanted them, it seems like the whole country was out of them. Calls and emails to multiple online vendors all led to "Dave" who seems to run multiple sites. If Dave doesn't have them, it was harder to get. I waited about 3 months before a batch of fry finally came available, and then I got some pretty small fish. Good luck
The Portland vendor was the first place I placed an order, they ended up saying they only had 6, and that they believed they were all males. I ended up with a different vendor in California who said the batch he had was a result of a large order that had multiple holding females, so he kept and raised the fry. That vendor now has 10 left and has them listed for $25/each.

Hoping my ratio is decent so I can try to get some juvies back out to the community!

·
Registered
7 Posts
If the Florida thing is true then wait six weeks, LOL.
Pretty much. They are out there, they are just hard to find right now. I'm not saying everyone will be flush with Saulosi's in 6 weeks, but if you hunt them down they can be found. I ended up finding a breeder that has some growing out for me, I'm in the waiting game now. That guy that sells fish (rhymes with cave) that we can't talk about said he is trying to start breeding them again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A bit of thread necromancy going on here I realize, but this is kinda where I am looking to get to, figured someone had asked the question before. Only difference is it's a 46gal bowfront. I want Saulosi, but no one has them right now due to reasons I won't go into explaining here as they won't be relevant in a few months from what I am hearing.
Why does nobody have Saulosi right now? I’ve been looking for them too, and have been having a heck of a time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
They are hard to find for sure. One source has said a major breeder had a colony collapse on them. They were the "walmart" of Saulosi, so a lot of the smaller breeders moved on to different lines. Market is still trying to fill that void in the US. There is a gal in Canada I can send you info on, she had them at one point not long ago but doesn't ship to us down south.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts