Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drips or Strips
Drips3085.71%
Strips514.29%

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My API test kit has expired so I need to start thinking about getting a new kit.

Are strips as accurate as drip tests? I don't really need scientific accuracy I just to make sure my water is okay every now and then. Strips seem much more convenient and cheap.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah, well I will probably just get a replacement API Master Test Kit then. And to think I saw one on sale online for $16 and didn't get it :oops:

·
Registered
424 Posts
I use both. I use strips weekly to check up on levels. If the strips show odd numbers, if any fish are acting funny, or I am cycling I use drops.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Drips take forever to use. Although they are much more cost effective, I'm not going to test my water once, or more, a week on all 10 of my tanks if I have to use drips. Strips are good to get a feel for where things are at. Ideally I want controllers for Ammonia and Nitrates.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I only use the strips for normal routine testing. I donb't need the high level accurate answer, just the quick convenient one. If you ever spill the bottle on carpeting or in your tank, you may find the strips to be much cheaper!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts