Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a good source of driftwood? I'm looking for a large, branching piece for my 150 gallon tank.

Mike

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
If you have access to a boat, there is a wonderful source for free driftwood at many lakes. Wood that is under water and then out and back under over many years gets a pretty special treatment that makes it fit what I like. Fallen wood found in most woods, etc. tends to get bugs and decay so that it may not be usable. Wood that is in/out of the water does not get the bugs and decay that makes most wood rot. Harder to come by but much higher quality and definitely cheaper!

·
Registered
74 Posts
i find nice drift in rivers or lakes, ponds and what not. also *** just put fresh off the tree branches in my tanks haha if your have any kind of wood eating plecos theyll love it! my clown plecos will sit and nibble a fresh branch every day all day. and it looks good and natural. some people even leave the leaves on there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
suprisingly, check ebay. there is quiet a few sellers of people who just collect pieces. i placed an order with a guy from Arkansas today, if he hooks me up for ordering 4 pieces, ill keep u posted

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll check it out. That is where I got my holey rock when I kept ACs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.