Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for fun:
IF you could have only 5 tanks for the rest of your life, what would they be? For the purposes of this excerise, let's say:
1. The tanks can be any standard size.
2. Also, the stocklist of each tank should be relatively specialized (i.e. CA-only, SA-Only, Malawi-only, etc.)
3. Non-cichlid tanks are welcome.

My list:

1. Amazon Tank - Geophagus Red Heads, huge school of tetras, semi-planted
2. Fire Eel Tank - Self-explanatory
3. Vieja synspilum tank
4. Frontosa Tank
5. Tropheus Tank

I guess I better have some sturdy floors in this imaginary house of mine, lol!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha, let's go with no more than 300g as that is as high as it goes on CF's tank dimension guide :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have always wanted a room with 4 500gal tanks #1 native fresh-bluegills, punkin seeds, rock bass, a small mouth or two, Yellow Perch, etc #2 native salt- anything I can catch out of Long Island Sound #3 topical fresh Angels, discus, a couple of sting rays, whatever else thats peaceful #4 Tropical salt- whatever strikes my fancy with outrageous color. Perhaps #5 a plexi coffee table with Africans! I know they aren't stock sizes but what a dream!! 4 300's could work

·
Registered
697 Posts
Hmmm... well they would all be 300's.

1. SA Eartheater/ heroine community(geophagus tapajos"orange heads", rotkeils, angels, tetra, dwarfs, corydoras.

2. Heavily planted SE asian peacefull community

3. Frontosa with calvus, synodotis, tanganyika eel

4. Misc. Oddball community

5. Reef tank(never kept salt water, but if I knew I could only have 5 tanks for the rest of my life, I would start.

What if you could only keep 1000 gallons, no more no less? You could have as many tanks as you want, but the total volume couldn't exceed 1000 gallons.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mrbprint said:
I have always wanted a room with 4 500gal tanks #1 native fresh-bluegills, punkin seeds, rock bass, a small mouth or two, Yellow Perch, etc #2 native salt- anything I can catch out of Long Island Sound #3 topical fresh Angels, discus, a couple of sting rays, whatever else thats peaceful #4 Tropical salt- whatever strikes my fancy with outrageous color. Perhaps #5 a plexi coffee table with Africans! I know they aren't stock sizes but what a dream!! 4 300's could work
Oooo, neat! I think the native tanks are a great idea, never thought of that!

@adam79 I like your thinking...hmm, how about we do both then?

You start cause it's gonna take me awhile, lol!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Oooo, neat! I think the native tanks are a great idea, never thought of that!
I was going to go try to catch some darters and madtoms out of a local stream nearby, but then it became winter and I lost all motivation to do so :p I can't really come around to the idea of keeping native lakefish as pets, because I see them and think about how tasty they are :p

My current "dream tank" is "the largest malawi/mbuna tank I can build". I wonder if with a big enough tank, I can research some collection points, and keep all the same fish that would be found at that collection point - mbuna, peacocks, haps, catfish, whatever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.