Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just noticed one of my dragon blood's is hiding and breathing heavy, his/her color is basically white now. They're all about 1.75"-2" right now and in a 40 breeder. Only this one is heavy breathing, and its the smallest of all 11. I noticed something happened with my heater and the temp dropped from 80 to 74, i swapped heaters and now its at about 76. I dont know what could of happen to make the heater just stop working like that, but could the temp change be the reason for this? He/she didnt accept food while the rest did.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also forgot to say, all the water parameters besides temp seems good, and i just did a 30% water change a few days ago.

·
Super Moderator
40,501 Posts
Symptoms sound more like harassment than temp.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DJRansome said:
Symptoms sound more like harassment than temp.
Unfortunately, yesterday morning i lost her/him but the others seem to be doing fine. But im not sure if this is normal for dragon bloods but they all kind of school together and no one really has a territory as i can see, i have 10 of them now in a 40 breeder and they're about 1.75" long with a few little over 2" so i dont understand what they could fight about to make me lose one.

·
Super Moderator
40,501 Posts
Was the fish lurking under the surface or behind filter intakes or heaters?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts