Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came home from work today and my 180 has developed a slow leak I'm assuming on the bottom front seam.

Looking for advice on whether a 75 or 125 would be a better replacement. Love the 180 but would like to take this opportunity to reclaim some space.

I have about 8 cichlids that are around 6"
4 catfish
1 bristle pleco
6 smaller cichlids

Appreciate any help or advice

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
40,520 Posts
I see at least one large hap...I think 125G 72" tank would be the minimum.

·
2,088 Posts
I'd always opt for the extra length, unless the space won't allow it. Though in real terms, the 6" difference front to back between the 180 and 125 can make a difference in how much the tank invades the room.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys space isn't an issue the 180 actually fits perfectly.

As I progress through the stages of grief rapidly. I'm wondering could the water of run down the top seam and leaked through the bottom. I noticed yesterday that the power head had moved and was chopping the water at the top of the tank. I can find no water on the inside underneath the tank just the outside top of stand and floor. (Denial)

Second question (bargaining), the house has an indoor hot tub sitting empty that's been empty for years. Assuming it holds water can I put the fish in it temporarily while I find a permanent solution?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Water "wicking" or splashing is certainly a possibility.

The only way to be sure is to leak test the tank without anything going on in it.

If it doesn't leak, then you don't have a leak.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts