Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a dovii last night and when i got him home from the store and put him in the tank i noticed that some of his gill was missing and you could see what looked like his lung. Im just wondering if he will grow and that it will cover up.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I don't think so. I have a tiger barb named gilly and I have had it for about 6 months and it hasn't grown back yet. It is just fine. It probably get more oxygen.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol way to stay positive. thanks for the reply. and he is always getting bossed around by my lil jack dempsy. he doesnt fight back and i thought dovii's were on top of cichlids...

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Just wait , doviis are top. It will show. Oh and its nice to see yet another local on here.

·
Registered
48 Posts
How big is the dovii? When young they are timid. Once they hit 10" or more then you'll see the boss. LoL
I have 2 right now. Just 3" each. I actually had to throw in a few free jacks to get them to stop hiding since they are so timid. Now the male is a huge jerk. LoL

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah lol nice to see a Virginia Beach person on here. but thanks for the reply guys this helped. My dovii is now starting to fight back at him and not take his **** lol. But this larger firemouth that i have is running the tank now. he must feel that the dovii is maturing and getting stronger

1 - 6 of 6 Posts