Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep getting water spilling out from under the Aquastop every time I lift the Aquastop release lever. I thought the sliver Aquastop lever was suppose to stop the water flow once it's lifted all the up, so this didn't happen. The on line Q & A at Fluval web sit say that if the water level in the filter is too high, then water can spill out, but it doesn't say how to correct it.

Does anyone else have this problem with this filter?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I have the 405 and it does spray out a little when you first disconnect it. Like it relieving the pressure built up from closing the aqua stop.

Try unplugging it first then shut off the valve and disconnect it slowly. On mine if you let it come up real slow the water ends up trickling back into the canister and I dont spill a drop. No idea tho if it has then same style aquastop or not.

EDIT: Guess it does look slightly different, but maybe still try removing it slowly as possible, and if you have to shut off the flow manually try powering it down first then shutting off flow. Seems to help on mine FWIW

·
Registered
482 Posts
not sure if there the same but on my fluval the gray lever is to lock the aquastop into place and the black lever stops the flow. But some water does come out when released but not to much dont think you can avoid it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts