Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you know this cichlid?
Some told me that it is a red zebra. do you think it is a red zebra?

What is the orange cichlid???? :? :-?

Next is this,

This is the white one. do you know him? :-? :?

Thanks! :dancing:

·
Registered
14,646 Posts
The first two are both Metriaclima estherae (Red Zebra). The last one almost looks like an albino M. estherae but is more likely an albino Pseudotropheus socolofi. The faint band in the dorsal is not a trait of M. estherae but the snout is textbook M. estherae, perhaps a cross of the two? I've been looking at it too long now... I'll let someone else add their input. :lol:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
when i bought the white cichlid in the petshop it was labelled as ice blue. I really don't believe that it is an ice blue because it is really different. I guess that it is a P. Socolifi. But Joea said that it is a hybrid. Don't want hybrids in my aquarium. Please more replies. :(

·
Registered
14,646 Posts
Ichigo said:
I guess that it is a P. Socolifi. But Joea said that it is a hybrid. Don't want hybrids in my aquarium. Please more replies. :(
I said "perhaps", I can't be certain, however it's pretty safe to assume that most, if not all of the albinos available in the hobby today are not as pure as the LFS that sell them would have you believe they are.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.