Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stripped some fry out of an electric yellow female last sunday. After getting them out and taking a look at them, I'm not sure they look quite right - darker, almost like my rusty male decided to sack up with the female lab... :?

Here are the fry - only 11 in this clutch:

Similar picture taken of my previous group of yellow lab fry, of which I still have 5 alive that are quite nice and pure:

The white balance seems to be inconsistent between the 2 pics so that isn't going to help things either :? but thats about the right colors of the fish. Aside from the color difference, they do have roughly the correct shape and size of the previous lap spawn. Unfortunately, I didn't take a good pic of freshly stripped rusty fry to compare to.

I have a second yellow lab holding I should be able to strip in another 2.5 weeks, and I'm wondering now what I should expect to come out of her.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chunkanese
Its a floating breeder box inside a 10g.

I'll grow them out for a while. If it turns out they're not pure, I can always feed them to the turtle I'm planning to get soon :p.

Another peculiar thing I noticed is that the fry came out bigger than I expected, even though they were not fully developed. In fact I think you can tell from the scale between the 2 pics, that the new fry are bigger than the previous clutch. The first clutch came from a female's first spawn, she was still pretty small. Do larger, more mature females produce larger eggs and fry?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.