Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always seem to have a holding female in my tanks and I want to grow the fry out to sell. My question is is it better to just leave the females in the tanks for a few weeks then take them out to strip. Or should I take them out when I notice the holding and put them in a 10 gal for a few weeks then strip them. Would they swallow the eggs while I'm going crazy trying to net them out? Thx

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Wait until day 18 or so, is the consensus. Then either strip when you pull her (I'd wait until day 21 if you do this) or wait a few more days. Before you even bother trying to get her out, time it during a water change - take out 50% of the water, then remove all your rocks. Then move quickly and get her as fast as you can. :thumb:

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Using a divider helps a lot as well as two nets, I use a small one to chase into the larger net.
There's a chance she may spit into the net so be prepared, I've yet to have it happen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.