·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 Pseudotropheus msobo
2 Labidochromis Hongi
6 Metriaclima zebra maisoni reef
8 Cynotilapia White top hara

I am thinking of getting 2 Synodontis petricola and a couple more of Pseudotropheus msobo and Labidochromis once I find them in the fish stores around here. Sound good? Any suggestions? Thanks. :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yes you need.

Reasons why:

1. to cut down aggression
2. spawning - again aggression
3. You have space for them :D
4....why not...

You can without any problem add 3-4 Pseudotropheus msobo and 3-4 Labidochromis Hongi
and after that you can add, by my opinion 2-3 species more, like Pseudotropheus sp. "Elongatus Ruarwe" (neon spot) or Pseudotropheus sp. Kingsizei (kingsizei: it is not a king size fish, as I thought when I heard this name for the first time… :oops: ) or Cynotilapia afra (Cobue).

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply xclub. So Putting more fish in my tank will induce spawning?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well putting more fish of one species can induce spawning BUT spawning is manly induced first of all by regular water change (change water every 7-10 days 25-30% of it) and proper feeding.

Feed them properly and most important of all don't give them too much food, feed them regularly if possible 3 times in smaller amounts (it is better for the water quality , for their stomach problems that can be caused by overfeed)

Give them, at the back of your Aq. some free sand space so they can spawn , you could even put a flat rock on the bottom of Aq. (at the back) so that the spawning can take place on it (this depend on species)…

Adding more females is good but you must meet water quality and regular feeding so that they can live without stress.

No stres = good sex :thumb:

like with homosapiens species :D

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol actually stress induces good sex in the homosapiens species

Edit: just kidding

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice on spawning. I have never had my fish spawn in my aquarium before. I thought mbuna were supposed to be easy to spawn. I will try the rock in the back of the tank.

·
Registered
113 Posts
well they are but as I mentioned food, water...spawning place...and you will have

:fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

:fish:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts